How many times have you looked back over your life and thought it doesn’t look like what you imagined? Did you think you would be married? have kids? have a better job or own your own business? have more money? travel more? become a singer, actor, doctor, lawyer…..the list goes on and on. Have you ever thought about why you haven’t achieved your dream life? Oftentimes we look at surface reasons why we didn’t get the guy/girl/job/promotion/house/car/raise. We satisfy ourselves with mediocre answers that keep us living mediocre lives. Were you over-qualified, under-qualified, less talented, less skilled, less prepared, less attractive, less experienced, blah, blah, blah.
We all have the ability to experience extraordinary lives. The reasons we aren’t have more to do with our own efforts of self-sabotage than anything else. Somewhere deep down in our subconscious we have convinced ourselves that we’re not worthy, we don’t deserve it, we’re not intelligent enough, it wouldn’t work. And because these thoughts and emotions have been buried deep in our subconscious, we have no idea that we hold our own self back from achieving greatness. We push the seeds of greatness down so far that we become complacent and convince ourselves this is the best it’s going to get. But there’s no expiration date on greatness. We can still have that extraordinary life! The key is to develop our confidence.
One of my favorite poems for inspiration is by Marianne Williamson, Our Deepest Fear.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
The Bible states in 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV , For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Confidence liberates us from fear. Confidence allows us to feel powerful, and boldly give and receive love. Confidence comes from a sound mind that directs our subconscious thoughts and allows us to push past any limitations we have previously experienced. Confidence is necessary in all areas of our life, and as you increase in confidence you inspire confidence in others and you allow them to shine and their fears become liberated as well.
Sounds easy right! It should be, but in actuality it’s easier said than done. When you have grown so accustomed to playing it safe and being comfortable with average, it’s very hard to step out and embrace the power and light, the greatness, that’s been buried deep inside of you. BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO ROAR LIKE A LION AND RELEASE THE FEAR!!!! You are destined to have an extraordinary life. Think It, Speak It and Believe It with every fiber of your being. You must believe that you will succeed in everything: your relationships, your job/career, your finances, everything. Here’s a few steps to get you started.
- Confident people see the glass half full. They project positivity and optimism and surround themselves with others who have the same mindset. It may be time to reevaluate your circle and limit or eliminate those who bring negativity and drama wherever they go. Positivity creates good energy and high vibrations. Exactly what you need to turn your situations from average to extraordinary.
- Competence breeds Confidence. When you take the time to do your research and are knowledgeable about the subject at hand, your confidence soars through the roof. Being prepared by knowing how and what to do , gives you the boost you need to stand out in any situation.
- Looking good and feeling good increases your confidence as well. Getting adequate sleep, eating well, staying hydrated, and getting fresh air and exercise all boost your endorphins, which releases positive feelings in your body. Add to that, satisfaction with your outer appearance, and you have a recipe for achieving high levels of confidence which carry over to everything that you do. Take the time to invest in clothes and styles that flatter you and make you feel good. Choose colors that complement you and enhance your mood. Play with hair styles and makeup that make you feel great.
- Write down you vision for every area of your life. You tend to be more confident when you know where you’re going. Proverbs 29:18 KJV states, Where there is no vision, the people perish. Take the time to think through what your extraordinary life looks like and write down the steps necessary to achieve it. As you start accomplishing your goals and seeing your vision come to pass, you will see your confidence jump leaps and bounds.
- Celebrate your wins. Failures are inevitable, but so are wins. Take the time to celebrate them, big or small. Every time you do, your confidence increases.
Now that you’ve gotten a few steps to get you started, be intentional about becoming more confident daily. Start your mornings with affirmations that boost your confidence and will yourself to succeed. What you focus on grows. Focus on the extraordinary life you deserve and watch it begin to manifest!
Have a Fabulous Week